Antelope Valley Air Quality Management District’s Mobile Emission Reduction Program’s goal is to reduce emissions from mobile sources and to promote the use of alternate fuels in an effort to decrease emissions from vehicles, reduce dependence on petroleum and move the Valley toward attainment of the federal air quality standards.
Funding is available on a limited basis for residents of the Antelope Valley towards the purchase of light duty alternative fuel vehicles and home refueling units.
If you are considering the purchase of an eligible vehicle or refueling unit, here is an overview of the application/reimbursement process:
- Complete the attached application package and W-9 form and submit the completed forms to the AVAQMD.
- AVAQMD staff will contact you regarding the completeness of your application and will notify you regarding the availability of funds.
Purchase the eligible alternative fuel vehicle and/or home fueling unit as specified in your program application.
- If funding is available, the completed application and W-9 form will serve to reserve incentive funds for your vehicle for a maximum of 10 business days.
- Note that funds cannot be reserved/guaranteed without a completed application and w-9 form.
- Note that funds are reserved for a maximum of 10 business days – failure to submit for reimbursement will result in return of reserved funds to the grant pool. In the event that you are unable to claim the reserved funds within the 10-day time frame, you may submit a new application package.
Submit the following documentation to the AVAQMD:
- Caution – you must purchase the alternative fuel vehicle specified in your program application; purchase of any other vehicle may result in the loss of incentive funds.
- Complete copy of executed sales contract for the vehicle purchased.
- Complete copy of the window sticker for the vehicle purchased which includes VIN number, which documents the alternative fuel option.
- Complete copy of executed sales contract and proof of payment for home refueling infrastructure.
If you have questions regarding this incentive program, please contact Julie McKeehan, Associate Air Quality Specialist at 661-723-8070 or email@example.com